Monday, October 20, 2008

Steak Sandwiches

I love this meal (my husband's favorite word... long story...lol) because its so easy.  I wanted something really simple with minimal clean-up... and this is it.  Its very tasty and an all-around easy weeknight favorite!

Ingredients

Steak of your choice, grilled and sliced (I wouldn't waste a really good steak on a sandwich, so I used a london broil. I've also used tri-tip before - really whatever is on sale is good for this.)
1 French baguette
1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
2 slices of jack cheese, or to taste
Lettuce
Garlic salt
McCormick steak seasoning or spices of your choice
Mayonnaise, if that is your thing
Mustard (I used honey dijon)
One thin slice of butter

Directions

1. Sprinkle garlic powder and McCormick steak seasoning over the steak. Grill the steak until medium or personal preference.

2. While the steak is grilling, melt the thin slice of butter in a small frying pan on the stove over medium heat. Saute the sliced red bell pepper and onions over medium heat until slightly soft.

3.  Assemble your sandwich according to what you like!  


No comments: